Saturday, December 12, 2009

Google Wave

I am currently a avid Google user. I use Google toolbar and many other Google features such as google talk. Just recently I was at a friends house and he was using this new technology called Google Wave. Google Wave is an online tool for real-time communication and collaboration. A wave can be both a conversationand a document where people can discuss and work together using richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, and more. The emphasis is "real-time" communication so basically a Google Wave user can chat with someone and it's almost if they are standing next to them, it allows you to read the text word for word as someone is typing.

This technology enhances collaboration and allows for "real-time" conferencing and chatting. Overall enhances communication and allows people to chat face to face without being face to face. Though I am not a current user of Google Wave I have been invited to use the tool. When I was introduced to the product by a friend I asked him the positive and negative implications of such tool. He reiterated the idea that it enhances communication but suggested it was inconvenient that it is again another account. He would like to see it being implemented into his gmail. I think it sounds cool and cant wait to see it further emerge. Whats your take? Check it out!
-kj

No comments:

Post a Comment