Saturday, December 12, 2009

Google Voice

This past week in my Com 435 class we were assigned a poster project. The assignment was to a explain an emerging technology using a poster. I discussed the emerging technology, Google Voice. Google Voice Google is a service that enhances the existing capabilities of your phone numbers. Features include: access your voicemail online, read automatic transcriptions of your voicemail, create personalized greetings based on who is calling, make cheap international calls, and more. Google Voice is a free service and currently invite-only. In order to request an invitation, login using your google account. It takes about three weeks to gain access.

Google Voice is very appealing to me and is something I plan to use. My favorite features are using one number to manage all of your phones and accessing your voicemail via email. As a college senior I am currently looking for potential jobs and eventually will have a work phone, home phone, and cell phone. It would be easy to always give out one phone number and then manage my phone calls on my own. Managing your voicemail via email is also very convenient. I am constantly annoyed by having to listen to my voicemail but because I am an avid email checker I find it very convenient to listen to my voicemail while checking my email at the same time.
Its also very useful for the working parent. Every parent is worried about their child especially while they are at school or day care. With Google Voice every parent has the ability to always be reached in case of an emergency. It's also appealing for the friends and family members of soldiers overseas. Once again with the use of Google Voice you will never have the fear of missing a call. Check it out!
-kj
Tofind out more about google Voice attached is a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment